Consultations and surgeries are scheduled by appointment. You are requested to give 24 hours notice if you are unable to keep this appointment.
Patients under 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian present at the time of consultation and surgery. Please bring your referral card along with any x-rays that your dentist may have given you and and a list of medications you are currently taking. If you are taking prescription medications, you may take them on your regular schedule with a small sip of water. Anticoagulant medications (such as Coumadin and Plavix) may need to be stopped for a period of time before surgery; please contact your medical doctor for specific instructions related to these types of medications.
In some instances, Your procedure may be scheduled the same day as your consultation. Please feel free to discuss this option with our scheduling staff.
•You may eat and dring prior to the procedure. However, it is sugested that you have a reasonably light meal.
• A driver is not required after the procedure, however you may still wish to have someone to drive you home.
• If you are taking any anticoagulant medications, contact your medical doctor for specific instructions related to these types of medications
INTRAVENOUS SEDATION OR GENERAL ANESTHESIA
• DO NOT EAT OR DRINK 8 HOURS PRIOR TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. Your meal the night before you procedure should be light and easily digestible.
• Be sure a responsible person comes with you on the day of your surgical appointment. Minors (under 18 years of age) must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• Please advise our office of any prescribed medications. You should take your normal medication unless otherwise instructed by your doctor. Take any medication that Dr. Galen has prescribed for you at the designated time with a sip of water.
• Wear loose and comfortable clothing the day of surgery. Short sleeves are required. Please do not wear make-up or fingernail polish. Contact lenses may not be worn.
• You may not drive an automobile for 24 hours after the surgery.
• Do not ignore a head or chest cold when oral surgery is to be performed. Call our office immediately if any symptoms are present, a change in you appointment may be necessary.
• Please give us at least 24 hours notice if you cannot keep this appointment